Fagor Feb 20e Boiler heating short cycling

Yes, sorry my bad explanation.
When the boiler ignites is what I meant

Sponsored Links
Nearly all caravans suffer from this proble, in order to heat The HW instantly, the boiler needs to be of a high KW input, but the surface area to install radiators is minimal so the tend to be small , your boilers lowest modulation is 9KW, I will bet your radiators are less than that in total, some boilers can go lower and are better suited for your set up , but you have a vey simple cheap boiler, it can only produce what it was designed to do, if you have space to fit plinth heaters, they are fan assisted and move heat a lot faster than small convector radiators then your van will heat up a lot faster and the boiler wont cycle so much

I've found all this discussion very interesting so thank you to all who took the time to reply.
I'm still not 100% sure there isn't a problem, maybe with the pump because I'm sure we were in there in March and it was super warm but I guess if there is an issue it will show itself eventually. Plinth heaters sounds like a good shout. I'll have a look at them.

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Hi,
The boiler has now started tripping out with a fault code pointing to the Control Panel which I presume is the PCB. (7 flashes on the red light)
I watched it this morning and it is not knocking off or coming on correctly in accordance with the temperature which I think it was doing to a lesser extent last week.
It's supposed to cycle on and off between 60 and 85 degrees. Currently it was going as high as 90+ degrees and still going
I know from this thread and by reading up that a PCB fault isn't necessarily correct but given this fault that is showing would it be a safe assumption that the PCB is faulty or would you still think that is unlikely?
If yes, can the PCB be removed easily or do I need a Gas Engineer?
Thanks

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back