Fails to Start Up. Riva Compact HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening,
I have a Biasi Riva Compact HE, attached model details

Fault Lights indicates as per Manual - "Lack of burner ignition (no ignition signal from the full sequence ignition device)

Works okay and reaches optimal Ch temperature and at this point flames go out, but still operational, i.e no fault lights and when temps drops it reignites again as it should.

But between 30 - 60 mins of use, it fails to restart

At this point, it cycles for a few times to reignite, during which i can hear the fan and even see sparks present but no flame. then goes to lock out lamp and fault code as above.

Work done so far - Replaced Pump, Ch Thermistor, Overheat Stat and Flue temp NTC probe.

Thanks in advance
View media item 59026 View media item 59027

Sponsored Links
Based on your symptoms, none of what you've replaced so far was ever likely to cure it, it's already checked those things before it's tried to fire up.

I'd take a punt at fan or gas valve but without being in front of it it's difficult to say for sure

The flue temp probe is inside the combustion chamber.

We dont advise DIYers to open or access that area of the boiler.

The obvious advice would be to get a gas reg engineer to check it for safety and diagnose the problem.

Tony

Thank you for the quick responses,

Sorry have changed the flue sensor, the one next to the fan, have not touched the combustion chamber.

It works intermittently, if the gas valve or fan wasnt working then it wouldn't turn on at all, right?

I mean it ignites and works for 30 min and fails to reignite, but waiting for a few minutes and reseting, it starts to work again, but then only for 10 min.

Leaving it off for longer period seems to last longer, overheating?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
the one next to the fan
...which is inside the sealed chamber that you should not be opening. I recommend that you stop fiddling with things you don't understand and do not operate the boiler again until it has been checked by a Gas Safe Registered engineer

Point taken, and have already called gas engineer coming in tomorrow

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back