Fairy Liquid dosing

Sponsored Links
Well Harry does seem to be a doddery old duffer with too much time on his hands so I suspect not. Even the hired help had enough so I guess we're now his sounding board.

I once made the largest of fairy bottles last a whole year! I just used tiny amounts which were more than enough.

Sponsored Links
Well Harry does seem to be a doddery old duffer with too much time on his hands so I suspect not. Even the hired help had enough so I guess we're now his sounding board.

No, just like to exchange useful ideas and information, like many others on this forum. To be fair, I'd had enough of the 'hired help' too, so it was no great loss.

I do the same sort of thing with my Head & Shoulders as well.
One squirt out of a liquid soap pump bottle is enough to wash my hair, (think, short back & sides style), and a full bottle lasts at least 6 months, even though I wash my hair every day.
My stepson on the other hand, seems to get through a large bottle of shampoo every 3 weeks! Tried telling him, you only need a small blob in the palm of your hand, anything more is just a waste and gets washed down the drain.

We now use the Fairy Antibacterial, it has something which stops your washing up sponge / moppit from going smelly - and it works a treat.

as for dosing…..I just use a tiny squirt for light soiled stuff and more for pans etc with grease. I call it “variable self dosing method”

We now use the Fairy Antibacterial, it has something which stops your washing up sponge / moppit from going smelly - and it works a treat.

as for dosing…..I just use a tiny squirt for light soiled stuff and more for pans etc with grease. I call it “variable self dosing method”
Must be using your sponge les than once a month for its to smell? All detergent is anti bacterial , it helps remove them .

I do the same sort of thing with my Head & Shoulders as well.
One squirt out of a liquid soap pump bottle is enough to wash my hair, (think, short back & sides style), and a full bottle lasts at least 6 months, even though I wash my hair every day.
My stepson on the other hand, seems to get through a large bottle of shampoo every 3 weeks! Tried telling him, you only need a small blob in the palm of your hand, anything more is just a waste and gets washed down the drain.

I usually wash mine daily and use the H&S too, and I agree - most people use far too much. I tip the bottle up and judge it by eye, the dangling bead of H&S.

Must be using your sponge les than once a month for its to smell? All detergent is anti bacterial , it helps remove them .

All soap is, which is why they impress upon you, to regularly wash your hands with soap and water. The soap breaks down and bursts the 'outer skin' of the bacteria, instantly killing it.

All soap is, which is why they impress upon you, to regularly wash your hands with soap and water. The soap breaks down and bursts the 'outer skin' of the bacteria, instantly killing it.
Soap doesn’t kill all bacteria , simply helps water remove from you hands .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back