Fake Chimney?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi folks,

So I am planning on doing a substantial house renovation in Ireland, we are reorganizing the room layout significantly to make the living room south facing.

It is not a significant problem - more a pain in the bum, is the current location of the chimney stack. In the new design is the living room will become bedrooms and bedrooms will become a living room, not much call for a fireplace in bedrooms these days.

I am inclined just to knock the whole lot down, I know this is a substantial amount of work but it will make doing work in the attic space easier later. But in order to comply with planning regulations the front face of the house must be retained *as-is*, so I still need chimney pots etc.

Is it a common enough thing to put up a fake one, to work around this problem?

Ray K

Sponsored Links
Loads of modern houses have fake chimneys and apparently you can get various coloured brick slips for them. Should work fine on your house - ask the planning dept. first. ( dunno about romance - I always think of sickness if a fire is lit in a bedroom:unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back