Falks Raydex Ceiling Fittings.

K

kai

Does anyone remember the Falks Raydex Ceiling Fittings?

They were the ones used in the 1960's, and had an integral 3amp fuse in them, so that they could be run off a spur from the socket ring circuit in 7/029, and the 3 amp fuse in the ceiling rose fitting would protect both the lighting flex and switch line (both wired in 3/029).

Can they still be bought as replacements etc?

Sponsored Links
Wow, until about 4 weeks ago I had never even heard of Falks :LOL:

I am not aware of such a product still being on the market. Could you use an FCU fitted with a 3A fuse to feed the ceiling rose / switch drop instead?

you could replace the light switch with a FCU, it wouldn't protect the permanent live to the switch so you'd need to calculate the adibatic for that but given that that passes it shuold be fine.

I got round the problem, by mounting a dual box over the existing spur supply socket, and mounting the single socket and fuse connection unit side by side, the FCU feeding the light off a 3 amp fuse, it works safely, unfortunately it sticks out of the wall, spoiling the aesthetics. (the wall is precast concrete, like many Sixties homes were, so hard to chase out!).

Sponsored Links
Remember they used to do acessories, sockets & stuff..

Falks fuse box.

Alot of exposed live bits :cry:

IMGP1875.jpg

You've got the deluxe model with tunnel terminals for neutral & earth. The one I worked on the other day had clamp style screw terminals that go all loose & flop around when you loosen the screw. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back