Fan doesnt run on my boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler fan has stopped running, just put a new one in and still no luck, only thing I can see is that the water pressure switch or something near it is dripping, what could be wrong with it?

Its a Ferroli F30. Pressure is good, calling for heat, but the ignition doesnt click or anything and the pilot LED doesnt come on but nor does the pilot fault light. Any help would be great

Sponsored Links
You have no test equipment that a gas engineer would
have used to tell him that the fan wasn't faulty.

For the cost of the fan you could have had a gas engineer around
and fixed the boiler.

I suggest you "try" and find an engineer to come around tomorrow
or you'll probably be without heat for christmas.

It was an engineer that said it was the fan 4 days ago but has shown no interest in coming back to sort it, kept blaming parts, 1st place I called had one, it was pretty straightforward but I dont think this was the problem, the whole system doesnt seem to be trying to suck any air in to turn the fan in the first place

But a DIYer should not even be opening the combustion area where the fan is located.

All you need is a competent boiler engineer to diagnose the fault. Thats usually both quicker and cheaper than throwing parts at it blindly.

Tony

Sponsored Links
It was an engineer that said it was the fan 4 days ago but has shown no interest in coming back to sort it, kept blaming parts, 1st place I called had one, it was pretty straightforward but I dont think this was the problem, the whole system doesnt seem to be trying to suck any air in to turn the fan in the first place

I suggest you ring british gas up and get them to come out and fix it.
Before you end up with no heating for christmas.

A quick read of the the boiler manual suggests pressure switch to me.
But as before you can easily check this and make sure.

Thanks for the help, would the drip under the water pressure switch be anything to do with the fan not running? The drip isnt actually from the switch but the pipe under it where its bolted to another pipe, worried this may have frozen and pressure is causing the drip?

Thanks for the help, would the drip under the water pressure switch be anything to do with the fan not running? The drip isnt actually from the switch but the pipe under it where its bolted to another pipe, worried this may have frozen and pressure is causing the drip?

no.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back