Fan-forced oven doesn't heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hygena AE6BMS oven (photo attached). Yesterday the fan-forced oven stopped working properly (I opened it to find the roast potatoes still raw after an hour.)

When using the fan-forced setting, the oven only heats to lukewarm. It isn't hot enough to cook anything and it is still cool enough to touch the shelves in the oven.

When using the heating element setting (top element) it works fine.

There has also been a slight smell when using the oven (fan-forced) the last few times, a bit like after the oven has been cleaned and there is a bit of residual chemical - except that it is quite a few months since it was last cleaned and has worked fine since then (used almost every day).

I noticed that at some point the oven light stopped working and I've ordered a replacement part, but it hasn't arrived yet. Not sure if this is relevant.

Any suggestions on what needs to be replaced - is there a separate heating element for the fan-forced oven? And if so, where is it?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Oven.JPG
    Oven.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 117
Sponsored Links
Could just be stuck and the motor is stalled as it can't overcome the starting torque needed. Does it still make a slight buzzing noise?

Sponsored Links
Ah OK in that case the element or its wiring has burnt out, or the thermostat has a problem (although probably shared with the other element)
If you're confident then isolate the supply and carefully dismantle, if not call someone to repair it.
You can do a visual inspection on the element and you can check continuity of the wiring, and if you have the right equipment you can check for 240v at the element, but if you do take the right precautions as you don't want to risk shocking yourself due to risk of death.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back