Fan - Light unit not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Moved into to house with a conservatory with a light and fan unit.
I have a remote control all works to dim lights and change fan speed.
The light unit has pull cords for fan and lights but when used the unit is still dead.
I have a fused switch in conservatory with the neon lit so Im assuming fuse is ok at moment.

Does anyone know these units have an internal fuse.

Sponsored Links
Not usually,

A basic Fantasia unit can be wired with two lives and one neutral, plus earth, so the Fan and Light can be switched seperate, they would need to fit two fuses, so they tend not to fit any, relying on you to fuse the circuit accordingly.

If you have remote control though, then the receiver part of the fan unit may incorporate some type of fusing in the electronics.

The pull switches may have been taken out of circuit due to the remote pack fitted.

Sponsored Links
I was just wondering, that was all.

It wouldn't be the first time someone had wired an FCU up backwards, which would mean that the neon would be on even if the fuse had blown.

It wouldn't be the first time someone had wired an FCU up backwards, which would mean that the neon would be on even if the fuse had blown.

Fuse ok, mains tested leaving FCU to top of light I get 100v on the live to earth and 100v on the neutral to earth. Same coming out of the remote control device to the light connections. But no where else. Noticed it is not earthed!

Can I bypass the remote unit?
Unit is a 105cm GFI-42-4L

Fuse ok, mains tested leaving FCU to top of light I get 100v on the live to earth and 100v on the neutral to earth. Same coming out of the remote control device to the light connections. But no where else. Noticed it is not earthed!

Can I bypass the remote unit?
Unit is a 105cm GFI-42-4L

Maybe its the remote control module? Can anyone recommend a replacement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back