1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Fan powered off central heating water pressure?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by kingofthehill, 26 Mar 2021.

1. kingofthehill

kingofthehill

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Folks....

As you can tell from the topic title, I have some random thoughts lol.

Without trying to explain why I would have a use for such a thing at this point..... Does anything exist that may fit the description? Essentially I'd be looking at mounting the fan to the wall in close proximity to central heating pipes and using the heat/pressure to power the fan. This is needed to try and move warm air into a colder space. I don't have an easy option for supplying electricity to the area so was wondering if there's any products available that would work.

Any thoughts?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Lower

Lower

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    There are heat powered fans available for woodburners, but i have no idea how the surface temperature of a woodburner compares to a central heating pipe.

4. kingofthehill

kingofthehill

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes I was looking at those earlier and have found that they ideally need something in the region of 160 Deg c to function.

I'm more interested in the water pressure aspect as I will only need to use the fan when the central heating is on. Obviously there will be pressure in this scenario as the boiler will be pumping hot water around (at least some of the time).