Fan powered off central heating water pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks....

As you can tell from the topic title, I have some random thoughts lol.

Without trying to explain why I would have a use for such a thing at this point..... Does anything exist that may fit the description? Essentially I'd be looking at mounting the fan to the wall in close proximity to central heating pipes and using the heat/pressure to power the fan. This is needed to try and move warm air into a colder space. I don't have an easy option for supplying electricity to the area so was wondering if there's any products available that would work.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
There are heat powered fans available for woodburners, but i have no idea how the surface temperature of a woodburner compares to a central heating pipe.

Yes I was looking at those earlier and have found that they ideally need something in the region of 160 Deg c to function.

I'm more interested in the water pressure aspect as I will only need to use the fan when the central heating is on. Obviously there will be pressure in this scenario as the boiler will be pumping hot water around (at least some of the time).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back