Plinth fan heaters running off Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to remove our bulky radiator and fit a fan plinthe heater(s) in a new kitchen we are fitting.

They would be connected to the central heating system.

The Kitchen is approx 5m x 3m with a high ceiling (3.2m)

Any recommendations as to make/heat output?

And also whether it's best to have two small ones at each end of the kitchen, or if one will suffice?

Ideally it would be as quiet as possible.

And do they have their own thermostats (similar to a TRV) or just run when the central heating is on?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I think that these are really good ways to heat a kitchen.

Unfortunately there are probably only one or two still available.

They are primarily a water heated radiator core and a fan to blow the heat out into the room. Usually with a two speed fan and thermostat.

Typically they will have an output of about 2-3 kW and that would probably be adequate for your size kitchen.

Tony

Sponsored Links
They have never been very popular! A firm called Myson were the main suppliers but they have been sold and whenever that happens the product range is always cut.

I often recommend them to my customers and on forums but they are never accepted because of the fear of not liking the noise they make.

I am not sure if any water based types are available any more. There are electrically heated ones though and for the small extra cost of electricity are still a good unit to consider.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back