fan reconditioning

Sponsored Links
You go to your local parts center & say "can I have a new fan please".

Sponsored Links
you can't recondition a fan because they spin at such high rpm they need to be balanced like a car wheel. If you look at a new fan you'll see little semicircle bites out of or sometimes holes in the blades and little clips attached to the blades, thus taking away or adding weight to blades to balance the fan.

Fans are a con price-wise...

I got a re-conditioned one off a guy in Watford (forget the name, sorry) and it was a belter still going strong 3 years later and half the price of a new one.... actually looked better than the new ones.. all plated etc...

Found him on google just by putting in the boiler number and the words "re-conditioned fan" or something....

gsportgeorge said:
I got a re-conditioned one off a guy in Watford (forget the name, sorry) and it was a belter still going strong 3 years later and half the price of a new one.... actually looked better than the new ones.. all plated etc...

Probably CET:

http://www.cetltd.com

Used them for a neighbour's fan. Looked and worked like new and about a third of the price.

You can get "fan repair kits" from dubious sources , which come in a couple of wattages and diameters, spinning left or right. I expect they'd be the "same" as the original in many cases, but there isn't really enough information to go on. Just because the Air pressure switch works doesn't mean it's right.

I did have a monster fan from a warm air heater with seized bearings. Something like £200 new, £60 "refurbed". There was an Electric Motor Rewinder in the same road as the appliance so I took it to him. 10 minutes and ten quid later it had new bearings!

GaryB said:
gsportgeorge said:

Probably CET:

http://www.cetltd.com

Used them for a neighbour's fan. Looked and worked like new and about a third of the price.

Yeah that was them... I was quoted £100 plus for a "new" unit elsewhere, and about £30 for a reconditioned one (had to hand over my old one) from them.

The guy was really really helpful and the quality of the reconditioning was first class. All the old parts had been plated and it was a new motor... Still going strong....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back