farrow and ball question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Painting all kitchen units in oil eggshell farrow and ball, units are oak and prepainted, i am going to lightly sand down and then apply a undercoat.

I don't want to pay the price for a farrow and ball undercoat, can anyone recommend an alternative, also any tips for painting the kitchen units would be great, thanks in advance Mike

Sponsored Links
[/quote]units are oak and prepainted,
You dont ned undercoat with eggshell. Just use two coats of eggshell, or if your nifty one will do depending on colour change.

units are oak and prepainted,
You dont ned undercoat with eggshell. Just use two coats of eggshell, or if your nifty one will do depending on colour change.

Hi, the colour now is cream, changing to either white or grey, if we go for grey what undercoat would you recommend

Eggshell is a self undercoating paint.. Indeed it is reccomended that you use two coats of eggshell. Just give two coats of grey or whatever colour in eggshell. No undercoat needed..

Sponsored Links
Before all id give them a coat of Zinsser or similar first as a base...paint doesnt take very well over those types of surfaces

Before all id give them a coat of Zinsser or similar first as a base...paint doesnt take very well over those types of surfaces

been told the units were painted with farrow and ball eggshell before but not sure whether it was oil based or water, Will oil base be ok on either of these without a undercoat

Yep should be fine then..just give them a light rub down to get any nibs etc off...

Sorry, I thought you meant original doors with the old melemine/factory painted finish.

i 2nd zampa if they have never been painted before use zinsar but if they have been painted before give them a rub down and repaint in eggshell.

Just make sure you wash all the dirt and grease off.

carl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back