Diluting farrow and ball estate eggshell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive heard/read that I should dilute farrow and ball estate eggshell (hauge blue) in order to avoid brush / roller marks when painting kitchen cupboards.

If so, how what ratio of water to paint should I use e.g. 5% / 10%.

Do you dilute the paint in one batch to cover all of the cupboards?

Existing base Layers

· 1 x Annie Slone chalk paint

· 2 x Farrow and ball primer – this went on well – not diluted.

· Expecting to need 2 to 3 top coats of estate eggshell – not sure if diluting the paint will require more coats.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Adding water to paint simply thins it.

Adding something like XIM Extender or Floetrol helps the paint flow and reduces tramlines (read: brush marks).

For a number of years, my bread and butter was cabinet painting. I still prefer using OB paints but I understand why people use WB paints.

Roller marks!!! I use Anza paint pads, unfortunately they became difficult to source in the UK when Anza bought Hamilton Acorn. At the time the HA buyer was unwilling to allow their parent company's superior product to compete with their inferior chinese crap. She insisted that I would have to commit to £2K of the anza pads per year . I was willing to pay £500 but couldn't afford to commit more tha that.

Sorry about the rant... the best product is hard to get hold of. If you use a roller, please use a brush immediately after to eliminate the roller marks.

Sorry about the rant... the best product is hard to get hold of. If you use a roller, please use a brush immediately after to eliminate the roller marks.

No worries and thanks for the tips

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back