Fascia & gutter issues since replacing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I replaced the wooden and plastic fascia in our bungalow, removing the first level of concrete tiles to help with access. I knew this would be difficult having completed one other side of the house last year. However this time I have fallen foul of something./........
I bubbled out both the wooden and plastic fascia perfectly beginning to end, guttering went on well, now I carried out a hose test on the roof and found the water is backing back up and under the tiles and running down the back of the plastic fascia behind the guttering, so either the tile angle is wrong or there is simply not enough tile hang over the gutter.
I measure 15-20mm from plastic fascia face to end of the tile but now noted its pretty much 40mm on the rest of the house, these are Redland 49;'s and have a strange hangover at the end.

I am now waiting for actual rain to see what happens in case my hose test was simply pants, in the meantime if anyone has ideas do let me know.

The fascia etc is 12m long and I do not fancy getting it all back down again and had considered lowering the final tile battens by 15mm just to offer more of a overhang above the gutter. Ta, since this I have been very glum :cry:

Sponsored Links
Just fit some felt support trays/ eave protectors, that will solve your problem.

Thanks for that. Hoping to fix it with that..... I assume these are called
Eave protectors

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back