help with replacing gutter & fascia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our house is getting on for 100 years old and most of the gutters have been replaced over the years. We still have a section of the original (I think) gutter around a ground floor bay at the back of the house, I noticed that this was leaking and upon investigation I have found that the fascia it is mounted on is rotten.

So the questions are as follows :-

I need to replace the fascia, can you get upvc fascia in black?

If not I will need to use timber and paint it.

Can you get replacement gutter in a pattern similar to the original as shown in the attached photo?

Next door had this gutter replaced a few years ago and they seem to have found a replacement that approximates to the original shape, any ideas where I could get this from? (see photo)

Thanks for any help.

Image of existing gutter

Rotten fascia

second image of existing gutter

Replacement gutter fitted to next door's bay

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes you can get a black upvc fascia to put back, the OGEE range would look nicest imo.

Next door appear to have replaced their guttering with a lightweight alluminium option, pricey but its nice. You can get a similar one in black plastic too.

Thanks SASroofer,

Next question if I may?

Where the guttering meets the house wall it is at an angle, all of the stop ends I have seen fit on to the guttering at right angles. Could you advise how to terminate the gutter at the wall without leaks please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd put the stop end on the gutter so the back edge is tight into the corner, shouldnt miss catching much, if any rain. Adjustable angles are available, (cut to required angle) but unsure if these are available in the Ogee profile. Ogee is easy enough to find, Screwfix are one stockist.

Next door's looks to me like the gutter has been cut to required angle and the lead flashing used as a stop end, (with some kind of sealant I expect). Could attempt a simlar method, but any thermal movement in the gutter could make it leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back