Fascia not deep enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On an outbuilding, I had a guy put on fascias & soffits.
The rest of project I did .. should have done this as well.
The fascias should ideally been around 25mm deeper .... what has happened is when fitting soffits the guy used 6mm ply ... but annoyingly he supplied it, and it's not WBP
It has rippled and warped .... so going to have to change it out.
Thinking that it should be at least 9mm ..... and this would be flush or slightly proud of fascia (not good)

So I need to consider doing something to fascia .... suggestion to make it deeper (apart from obvious replace it)
Could add a beading to edge ?
If I used a moulding (could run up myself on Router table) maybe that is answer .... possibly something that added depth by 20mm and put something decorative on front face ?

Suggestions welcome.
moulding.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Do I read correctly that are not changing the fascia boards, just the soffits?

Perhaps rather than moulding stuck to bottom, what about a larger architrave type moulding, fixed to the face of the fascia, overhanging the fascia by 25mm.

Is is too much faff to remove current fascia and move down 25mm? The guttering may hide the gap, or add fill in strip before putting guttering back on.

Yes - only want to replace soffits
The Fascias are in place and can't be moved down as the height above rafter is set to hold up the first row of tiles. (and felt tray)

So I appreciate your suggestion ... but don't want to move fascia down.
Hence my thoughts on a moulding - but may be better options.
I guess I could clad with uPVC as an option .... annoying having fitted and stained the fascia.

If you add a moulding to the bottom of a fascia water will get trapped in the joint and rot out the moulding and the bottom edge of the fascia in no time at all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back