fascias soffit gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am thinking of replacing my fascias soffits and gutters as well as fall pipes, with u-pvc soffits and fascias will i have to remove my old ones or can i fix the new on top of the old.??

in anticipation Paul

Sponsored Links
Depends on the condition of the old ones; if they are sound timber you can overboard but if there is any sign of rot, take them down or they will continue to rot away beneath the cover boards & the whole lot will warp, look awful & may even fall down.

Personally, I think over boarding is a bit of a bodge & would only ever replace with full 22mm UPVC fascia boards & decent soffits. Considerably more work but your unlikely to ever have to replace or paint it; an annual wash & scrub will keep it looking like new for many, many years.

Agrees with Richard C. Capping over is a bodge job. Iv had to replace quite a few overclad jobs done by other tradesman. Its best to fully remove. I use 10mm solid soffits (not hollow boards) and 18mm replacement fascia boards. I have used 22mm fascia boards in the past but have since found a good manufacturer that makes very dense quite tough 18mm boards that are load bearing tested.

Boards I use are made by Floplast. You can find product info here:

www.floplast.co.uk

Another well known brand is Swish. They have a budget range under the name of Summit which is a lot cheaper.

http://www.swishbp.co.uk/swish-89

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back