Fashion

I'd better not say anything about that.
But we agreed to disagree remember?! Fire away!:)

Although a bit rude, I bet this tat would be useful at times...

09386f55343e45c9b232fe2411d33fd9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Well, it is a sign of the grossest stupidity to say the least.

Given that most (I say given because all but the most - dedicated? - or anti-social) people will regret such tattoos in the future, I have thought that the so-called artist should be banned from doing it despite the customer's wishes - or, obviously, prosecuted.

skull-face-tattoos-photo-u1.jpg

Is there anything that can be said in defence of such {what word is adequate}?

I have thought that the so-called artist should be banned from doing it despite the customer's wishes
I've often thought similar about the plastic surgeons and what they do to people like Pete Burns etc. Pay people enough I guess?

So it is all tat's or do you accept other cultures and their ways out of interest? Like Maori tattoos? Those tats were/are considered attractive, the more had, the more attractive they are.

Sponsored Links
I've often thought similar about the plastic surgeons and what they do to people like Pete Burns etc. Pay people enough I guess?
Yes, I agree.

So it is all tat's or do you accept other cultures and their ways out of interest? Like Maori tattoos? Those tats were/are considered attractive, the more had, the more attractive they are.
I suppose if that is their culture, then they will not change their minds as they grow older - or repulse others.

However, that doesn't mean it should be copied by anyone else whose culture it is not, especially white people.
I looked at pictures of Maoris and none seems to have the Maori for "f*** you" or scary looking horror shows.

Also, the fact that it is their culture does not mean it is a good thing, FGM anyone?

But in the case of the Maoris, I don't think it does them harm (unless the scoring becomes infected I guess) where as FGM can cause a lifetime of pain and complications. Not sure if entirely comparable?
And yes, I don't suspect the two pics are comparable either to the long history of the Maoris, I brought it up with the Maoris because they find the tattoo's attractive and are revered, it's just our Western views at odds with them. We don't like it but we can respect their choice can't we?

Last edited by a moderator:
But in the case of the Maoris, I don't think it does them harm (unless the scoring becomes infected I guess) where as FGM can cause a lifetime of pain and complications. Not sure if entirely comparable?
Yes, I appreciate that.
It was an extreme example of a culture - which actually is not a reason for perpetuating anything.

Circumcision then.

All are equally unnecessary.
Please don't state the fatuous reason of hygiene. I've never had a problem.

I brought it up with the Maoris because they find the tattoo's attractive and are revered,
I accept that.

it's just our Western views at odds with them.
I'm not sure what you want me to say. I am not a Maori.

There is no reason for anyone who is not a Maori to copy their traditions; it would be meaningless.

So, as face tattoos are not part of our culture then there is no reason to have one - and no detriment to being prevented from having one.

Did you know that circumcision is promoted to help combat the spread of HIV in countries with high rates of HIV? It's also beneficial to lowering cancer in men and women too. Interesting innit! But I do agree, leave our bits alone and let us decide for ourselves when old enough for consent.
So, as face tattoos are not part of our culture then there is no reason to have one - and no detriment to being prevented from having one.
You're right, it's not part of our culture to have face tats and it's not common at all in the UK. I wonder tho, with the general acceptance of tattooing nowadays with youngsters and that the world is getting smaller, that extreme tattooing will become more prevalent?

Did you know that circumcision is promoted
by people, especially American religionists, who have a hatred of contraception and refuse to co-operate with anyone who promotes condoms, which give a much better protections against disease transmission.

There was baby born without eyelids, the distressed parents sought help from the Rabbi. "" no problem. my brother is a plastic surgeon and on the day of circumcision he will use the bit I remove as a skin graft for eyelids""

The mother was horrified. " That will make him cock eyed "

""On the contrary"" replied the Rabbi, "" it will give him the gift of fore sight ""

Wouldn't the use of condoms be more effective than circumcision in preventing the spread of disease?

Maybe Blighty's views on tattooing are because she lives in Essex.....

Wouldn't the use of condoms be more effective than circumcision in preventing the spread of disease?

Maybe Blighty's views on tattooing are because she lives in Essex.....

I have lived in Essex for nearly 5 years and my opinions formed way before that.
I have moved home 20 times in my life, overseas and here.
Sorry to disappoint your stereotyping!

Sponsored Links
Back