Fault light on yale hsa6000 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I changed the battery in the door contact sensor, thought I'd put system into programming mode, but set off the alarm and now have an amber fault light and the alarm won't activate. Can anyone advise please?

Sponsored Links
when you look at the fault log, what does it say?

is it actually a 6000? Or is it a 6400?

And if I scroll down, it also says battery
But I put a new one in

Sponsored Links
Not clear on exact model. Nothing on control panel, instruction manual doesn't say either

So it's the Front door contact. First clear your fault log in case it is showing an old fault.

If not, take it off and replace the battery. Look carefully at how it the sensor and case lid are fitted. IIRC the tamper is a spring that has to press against the surface it is mounted on.

For some reason Duracell batteries are not quite standard size and are not a good fit.

It may help to rub the battery contacts, and the battery ends, with a nylon toothbrush moistened with the smallest trace of WD40, especially if there is a draught round the door blowing in dust.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back