Yale telecommunicating home alarm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
My yale home alarm 6400 I think it is, has been in for about 2 1/2 years now with no problems till now.
When a device is activated.....pir or door contact, once the countdown finishes there is no alarm sound from either the external siren or the control unit. The control unit is recognising that it has been activated as "ALARM ALARM ALARM" flashes on the display.
Have multi metered the power supply and the batteries in the panel and they are fine. Havent checked the siren batteries yet though.
Nothing showing re fault LED or in the fault log.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Check or replace the siren batteries then.

When did you last replace them?

When did it last work?

Thanks John,
I will do that this morn and post back.
I am however not very confident that the siren batteries are at the bottom of this as the internal siren on the control panel remains silent once system activated. I would have thought it would have sounded but the external one wouldnt if the siren batterie needed replacing??

Cheers

You can turn the panel sounder on and off per the instructions.

When did it last work?

When did you last change the siren batteries?

Sponsored Links
Hi again John.
Siren batteries are duff and they are the originals.
Cannot be sure when the system last went off actually.
Must check instruction book if I can find em and make sure that the internal siren hasnt been switched off. Do you know what page that info would be on please.
Now you have mentioned it perhaps its a combination of dead siren batteries plus internal siren switched off
Mind you I am not sure if we have deactivated this function.
Thanks

Hi yet again again John,

You were bang on my friend the CU siren had been deactivated. Cant explain this but heh ho fair play to you............ you cracked it.

Off to get some D cells this morn.
Very much appreciated sir.

Thanks big time. :D

As in 99% of all Yale alarm problems a regular 2 yr battery change keeps everything sweet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back