Yale alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just fitted yale alarm. If i wanted the siren led to flash every 60 seconds will the battery last atleast a year with good make batteries.

Sponsored Links
Batteries will flatten quicker with LED on.
As the batteries used are alkaline in these systems and not lithium I would not have the led on.

I used to have a Yale alarm, and added my own 6v LED (about £2 on ebay) to the siren box running off the internal batteries.

The load is infinitestimal, and the batteries did not run down early. I changed according to makers instrctions (was it yearly? two yearly?) and they were still going strong.

BTW I found it easier because I fitted it where I could reach it from an upstairs window, without needing a ladder.

You can also buy self-contained battery/LED kits for a few pounds, which people put into dummy boxes. I expect a skilled burgar can recognise them.

You should not use an LED or other indicator which allows an observer to determine the state of the alarm system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back