Faulty baxi duotec 33 he a

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi any body come accross this fault

Hot water works correctly , no central heating , diverted valve working , if thermostat is wired out and wire bridgd for switch , the central heating will work every time the boiler is powered down and back up , soon as the switch wire opens , the central heating switches off and won’t come back on until the boile that’s been powered down the turned back on with the switch wire in place
I’ve fitted a new pcb and same symptoms
Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers
Phil

Sponsored Links
Where are you bridging it out? Thermostat end or boiler end? Could be the thermostat that’s faulty

Sponsored Links
Yes , which is manually replicating the thermostat switch operation

I would do it from cold and adjust the heating temp from min to max as you take out and replace the link . Could be the pot for the heating temp.

Yes , which is manually replicating the thermostat switch operation
Am I missing something, of course it wont work if you remove the link and if it works when you make the link again then its the room stat that is faulty

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Ian - The boiler doesn’t work when the link is reinstated ( affectively what the thermostat does) so the boiler has to be switched off , link reinstated, then boiler switched on for the central heating to work if at any point the link opens , the boiler switches off (correct operation) but then when the link closes the boiler doesn’t switch back on like it should

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back