faulty boiler

B

bodgerjohn

ive a heatline s24 s30 combi boiler the fault is when the boiler inites it will work and then the red lights on front of boiler come on 1 at a time when they get to the 5th 1 the pressure switch the boiler switchs of if i wait few hours can reinite boiler then same problem accurs be on phone to the tech people they said it could be the heating sensor ive changed it still the same and i aint ringing again at 60p a minute if any of the sensors were faulty they would flash on the panel and that dont happen hope someone can help im feed up with being cold in my house

Sponsored Links
If you can't afford 60p/min for tech support you cant afford for an engineer to come round and fix it then!! :rolleyes:

aint paying 60p a minute for a tech guy who dont know how to fix problem might as well set fire to me money

had enginere in to look at boiler trying to help him with some options plus i like to know myself

Sponsored Links
Between 1848hrs and 1902hrs you had an engineer in to diagnose the fault?

That seems difficult to believe particularly when you dont like spending 60p/min to call their technical advice.

All they can give is generalised advice on what the fault might be. The only way to positively identify the fault is in front of it and making tests.

So what did this engineer say was the problem and what did you pay him?

We charge £84 to diagnose faults! What do you think about that if 60p is a lot of money?

Tony

i give the eningeer £60 hes someone i know he seems to be scratching hes head at the problem at moment tried something today got the boiler to inite started to run it all the lights started to light up 1 by 1 then i disconect the central heating sensor and the lights started to drop out 1 by 1 the trouble of doing that is when the boiler goes of it cant see sensor so wont re ignite i ant tight im willing to pay to get it fixed im just trying to get some feedback of anybody who has had the same problem ive spoke to a few plumbers and they have all said that heatline boilers are crap so i may have to shell out for a new boiler if needed

If he is engaged to diagnose the fault and cannot do that then he should not be paid ANYTHING!

These are perfectly respectable boilers and totally repairable.

The only thing that is crap is those installers who fit them without cleaning the system. We charge £840 to install but clean and fully guarantee our installation. Some of these crap installers fit them for £100 and then the owners wonder why they constantly need the plate heat exchangers cleaning or replacing.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back