Faulty Ceiling Fan with Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, in my bedroom i have a ceiling fan with light. it also has a remote to turn the light on/off and to turn the fan on/off.

the light and fan has all of a sudden both stopped working at the same time. my gut feeling is its the sensor on the light fitting which communicates with the remote. i have changed batteries in the remote and you can see the red led come on when a button on the remote is pressed.

does anyone know any fault finding techniques for such a fault or should i buy a new light/fan. i do have a multimeter.

thanks to anyone who replies.

Sponsored Links
Is it switched on? ;)

HAve you checked (with your meter) that the switch works properly and there is voltage there.

Check everything else before indulging in the urge to take the fan off the ceiling, its not a job for the faint-hearted.

Sponsored Links
the wall switch visually is on. i have not checked with a meter. what is the best way to test the switch? look for voltage drop across the switch in both positions?

Doesn't the remote need to be reset/realligned with the receiver when batteries are replaced.
I take it you followed the manufacturers instructions after changing the batteries?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back