Faulty Danfoss oil pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, have just installed a Worcester boiler into a Gite in Brittany,which i picked up from ebay,Got the central heating working but have oil leaking from the pressure adjusting point on the Danfoss BFP 41 oil pump,If I close down the pressure the boiler splutters and shuts down with the lockout light coming on,Is the boiler at fault or the pump?With a small leak the boiler works fine.....Any suggestions : :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys, have just installed a Worcester boiler into a Gite in Brittany, which i picked up from ebay,

I did not know that they sold property in France on ebay!

I think, but may be corrected by those who work on oil all the time, that the adjustment screw has an "O" ring seal which may have become damaged.

If others dont comment on this you may be able to get some help by calling the worcester tech help but be aware they are phone jockeys and not boiler engineers. Better to email the query to give them more time to consider their reply.

Tony

These leaks can give perpetual grief, best to change the pump. You can probably get one from ebay.

Sponsored Links
Screw seals with "O" ring.

If its a BFP 41L3 pump you need to strip it down as the seal sits inside the casing.
The adjuster screw will not screw out through casing.

IMO not worth the bother get a new one.

Agile";p="908008 said:
Hi Guys, have just installed a Worcester boiler into a Gite in Brittany, which i picked up from ebay,

I did not know that they sold property in France on ebay!

You'll be surprised at what you can find today on the web,I answered the front door in my pyjamas yesterday,It was quite a differcult job doing that installation! :LOL:

you should fit a new pump as said above but if you are fitting yourself buy a pressure gauge too as you will need to set oil/air ratio ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back