Weeping Danfoss Oil Pump Danesmoor 15-19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The outlet connection (pressure to the nozzle) on my Danfoss BFP 41 L3 wont stop weeping. I have removed the outlet pipe and cleaned inside the connection both in the pump and on the connecting pipe. I don't want to keep tightening it more and more.

Any advice welcome.

Sponsored Links
You must wrap the connection with ptfe tape (clockwise) and then screw it in....I also use a sealant such as Hylomar to help things along.
I appreciate its awkward when you get the fitting to the correct angle - but it needs another 1/4 turn!
Make sure the tape can't enter the pump body, of course.
John :)

Are you sure the swaged end of the pipe is not cracked, it is very unusual for these to leak TBH! you might need to obtain a new HP pipe for your Bentone B9 Burner - other causes maybe the leak is not on the HP uniion at all, it could be a leaking solenoid stem, with the oil running down onto the HP pipe? (I've seen that a few times!) ;)

Thanks for the advcice, looks like the HP union is fine.

The leak dissapeared for a few days then suddenly started again, enough to wet the base of the boiler. Can this sort of intermittant leak be from the solenoid (can't remove the coil as the retaining nut is stuck) and what about the pump shaft seal?

Any advice welcome, but think I will just have to replace the pump complete.

Sponsored Links
Common leaks on this pump are the shaft drive seal (you can't see that one without taking the pump off) and at the pressure adjustment screw on the front of the pump (that one is obvious).
If you are going to fit a new pump you need to take the pressure of the old one first as they come set to around 10 bar....much too high for you!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back