Faulty Fridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks.

We've got a Schreiber APM 6712 integrated larder fridge we inherited when we bought our house in 1999.

Obviously it's had a hard time this summer....and today, after much sniffing and head scratching, I traced a nasty electrical/ plasticky burning smell to the back of it.

The compressor relay Mini ES 3 unit is burnt-out. Now, I realise they are cheap.

But, although I am a spark, I deal with wiring, I'm not a white goods fella.

Has the relay failed because something else is failing? In view of the age of the appliance, is it only fit for the kitchen in the sky?

I was hoping to fix it, but if it's past it, then so be it.

Advice gratefully received. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Don't know about the leccy side of it but I would think given its age (14yrs+) then it's time to look for a new one. If nothing else a new one will be more energy efficient and you will get the benefit (if you can call it that) of a guarantee as well.

OK, thanks. I've looked at a few.

My fridge seems to be a less common size.

54 W

55 D

88 H

Nothing exactly matches the size.

Those that are smaller will obviously fit the space, but dimensionally inside are much smaller. A bit disappointing.

And the prices! I feel like an old man! To think a cheap freestanding fridge starts around £100, the cheapest integrated ones are a heck of a lot more, like three times that.

Gotta bite the bullet, I think! But I want something closer to the original size, I don't want to compromise on space.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back