Faulty MCB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At some point in the last 24 hours my oven has stopped working, dead as a dodo, in addition the spark on the hob has also stopped working. The first thing I did was to check the MCB but it has not tripped. Next I took the oven out and had a quick look, there was no signs of wores burning out or anything like that.

Could this be a problem with my MCB even though it has not tripped?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
some MCB's don't always trip externally, the leaver may simply be stuck in the on position.. ( due to non use, or damage from overloading etc.. )

others are designed to only trip half way to differentiate between one switched off and one tripped.. ( though these tend to be the larger industrial types.. )

turn the breaker off ( all the way off.. ) and then re-set it..

Check supply at the switch if its there but not at the oven you have narrowed down the fault If its not at the switchthen check the db

Sponsored Links
Is this a single fan assisted oven, if so it will be fused down to 13A, behind the oven, or at least it should be.

I have found them connected direct to an outlet plate fed from the cooker and fused at 32A on the FB.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back