Faulty Pressure Valve? Tundish constantly discharging water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Any advice would be very much welcome here.
Noticed my tundish is constantly discharging water.
I don't think there is too much pressure in the water system as that reads just over 1 bar, but i could try releasing some pressure here?

Likely there is a faulty valve but there seems a few valves on my closed system.

Any advice please? Will post some pictures.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Attached some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_20190920_165833.jpg
    IMG_20190920_165833.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20190920_165828.jpg
    IMG_20190920_165828.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20190920_165817.jpg
    IMG_20190920_165817.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 167
I think you'll find you are looking at the pressure gauge attached to the heating system...which has nothing to do with the unvented cylinder problems.
Find a G3 registered plumber and get the unit serviced.

As @Gasguru says you have 2 systems of water , the guage with the 1 Bar is for the system water and it has its own pressure releif valve, it is unlikely that this valve is the problem or you would be constantly topping up the heating system, the secondary water or the water that comes out your taps also has a PRV and for some reason this is operating, as said you need a G3 registered person to check this out for you, definately not DIY job ,if your cylinder has an internal expansion vessel it may just need the bubble re-set, this is something that can be done DIY the instructions of how you do it will be in your manual, sometimes they are on a sticker somewhere on the cylinder

Sponsored Links
Pic 3/3 shows braided hose going up from the inlet control group so looks like external vessel is up there.

So, get it serviced OP as a safety mechanism is operating and needs proper checking out as to why... Might not just be the obvious reason.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back