faulty shower cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi...just joined so i hope i can get some help.....we have had anew bathroom fitted and very pleased with it we are!!the shower and cubicle etc were from better bathrooms,excellent service..but since it was installed,in december we are on our 3rd thermostatic cartridge,cannot find out from suppliers what the problem is.hot water to the bathroom is fine,but not in the shower.nothing visible on the cartridge of any faults,just wondering if anyone can help?

Sponsored Links
What symptoms are leading you to replace the shower cartridge?

Sponsored Links
the shower worked fine for about a month or so,then for some reason the hot water was not getting through,spoke to better bathrooms who advised me that the cartridge could be faulty and sent a replacement ,my plumber fitted it and was working fine for the last 2 months or so..he was supprised that the cartridge was faulty.have again spoken to supplier who this time said it could be a faulty batch(this came from the tech dept apparently) so now have had my third cartridge,the shower is working fine....for now!! just a bit worrying that this should happen so many times so soon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back