Problem Thermostatic shower cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Newbie needs soem help please... i got a shower wall plate with shower diverter knob at top and thermostat knob below.

The thermostat knob is dripping..... I took off the knob and can see the head of the thermostat cartrdige. I dont know the brand and it's not on the plate as fitted 12yrs ago and i never kept the receipt... i do reckon it's Bristan only because wash basin in bathroom was bristan but i cant be sure

Anyway:

1. Why would a thermostat cartridge drip? I thought only the diverter cartridge should drip. Is it possible there is some scal build up on the termostat cartridge and i can somehow clean that off or retighten the cartridge.

2. how do i take off the cartridge - I replaced the diverter cartridge above and that was relatively easy for me using a box spanner... cant for the life of me work out how this thermostat cartridge comes out? Do i prise off the white plastic that just at the bottom of the spline? Once i take it out i can try and see where i can get a replacement or see if i can work out why dripping

please see bottom cartridge on below pic - with the white plastic washer...

Thanks

shower thermostat with plate.jpg
shower thermostat cartridge.jpg

Sponsored Links
on this picture the cartridge at the bottom is the thermostat cartridge with the head adapter still screwed on

shower diverter cartridge 4.jpg

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't get involved with it.

Do away with it. Looks knackered...start again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back