Faulty soil pipe air admittance valve? Need some help

Yes it was exactly as the guys here said, the drain far below was blocked causing an airlock. All fiddling with the air admittance valve was doing was allow the air somewhere to go which meant the water was backing up further.

In my case is turned out the main drainage pipe hadn't been laid properly when the house was built, and it was more like an arch than a pipe causing problems. As the house was still within the 10 year guarantee I had them come back and lay it properly, no issues since.

Sponsored Links
been a lucky boy today. had the same problem, was about to buy a new aav, seemed obvious but read this post first & it was a blockage. followed the advice, checked for flow to the manhole, nothing coming through. took the aav off, filled the soil pipe from there with a hose (took ages), went out to the manhole & the blockage had been pushed through. no rodding needed...BONUS!! thanks fellas :)

Love this thread, "my poo doesn't go away when i flush, but when I open the window and take a dump with my arse out there it seems to go away fine, do I need a new window?"

No offence to original posters I'm just in a funny mood:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back