Favorite boilers??

canwefixit said:
MrBenchmark said:
http://www.sedbuk.com/ Doh

Thanks for the link MrB, all a question of knowing where to look and then all is explained.

Thanks for the comments as well.

Theres only one place to look....Gooooogle.

It will probably be in the dictionary soon (if it isint already)

Sponsored Links
Oh my gawd!!
All these things waiting to go wrong, maybe I should stick with what I've got.....1 fan unit and 1 PCB failure in 13 years sounds quite reasonable now compared with all these supa dupa new models!!! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Most people have their own favourite! Paul Barker now likes Alpha and says that 99% are properly installed!

:) ha ha.

I fix Alphas, most are fitted by reputable installers.

The boilers are good. Now better packaged from 1st Feb. More inovative ideas, as usual from Alpha. They are very easy to repair.

I have always and continue to maintain Buderus are the best boilers if 28kw max does you.

Vokeras have great prominance and modern ones well marketed.

Paul Barker continues to tell the truth, despite the fact it has got back to me a few people (you know inhouse manufacturer folk) are upset by my comments on here.

Canwefixit if i were you i would not change to a combi you only have to look at this forum to see how many faults,problems, heartache they cause . I changed from a y plan system to a combi a few years ago and it was the worst move i have ever made . Good luck

vaillant make decent boilers.but get vaillant service contract for repairs and service,quiet complex boilers and diy is not reccomended.

canwefixit said:
Oh my gawd!!
All these things waiting to go wrong, maybe I should stick with what I've got.....1 fan unit and 1 PCB failure in 13 years sounds quite reasonable now compared with all these supa dupa new models!!! :rolleyes:

Our boiler is 27+ years old and one thermocouple replacement in the 20 years we've been in the house! Like canwefixit I'm looking around at replacements with trepidation. But then again we must remember you only tend to see the problems here.

Vaillant Ecotec 600 series for sealed system. Also treat yourself to the 360VRT and wiring centre.

I think a nice ELM Leblanc 4.20 will do me..........

Opps sorry nodded off and having a nightmare :LOL:

Vaillant, Worcester, Glowworm, Vokera in that sort of order.

Stan

My Netaheat's had nothing whatsoever done to it in 23 years, apart from me bashing the case when it rattled in 1993. It stopped the rattle.

Would probably use a Vaillant, and a Megaflo, given good enough mains.

valliant are good. don't touch Baxi witha barge pole!! very poor after sales support and not that reliable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back