Potterton Netaheat 16-22 question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a house which has a Netaheat 16-22 boiler in an outhouse and what seems to be a gravity fed domestic hot water tank in one of the bedrooms.

The tank takes up a lot of space in the bedroom and I would like to use the space by getting rid of the tank and the airing space etc.

Also, the hot water pressure is rubbish and showers are not really possible as the hot water is non existent.

Is it possible to replace the Netaheat with something newer and get rid of the tank upstairs altogether ?

Sponsored Links
Yes you need a combi boiler but the incoming mains water must be able to give an absolute minimum of 10 li/min but ideally about 20 li/min.

It will take much longer to fill baths though, about 10-15 min!!!

Cost about £2000-£3500 typically.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes you need a combi boiler but the incoming mains water must be able to give an absolute minimum of 10 li/min but ideally about 20 li/min.

It will take much longer to fill baths though, about 10-15 min!!!

Tony

Sometimes though,in fact most times, the combi is an improvement on the existing plumbing in terms of water delivery/flow at the taps.

Sometimes though,in fact most times, the combi is an improvement on the existing plumbing in terms of water delivery/flow at the taps.
Wouldn't agree. Standard 3/4" bath tap with the cistern on the floor of the ceiling above gives 20 litres/minute, and that can be at 60°. Plus the Cold.
That's 3 or 4 times as fast as a 24kW combi.

Wouldn't agree. Standard 3/4" bath tap with the cistern on the floor of the ceiling above gives 20 litres/minute, and that can be at 60°. Plus the Cold.
That's 3 or 4 times as fast as a 24kW combi.

Who fits 24KW combis these days?Anyway 9X3 when I went to school was 27 and 8X3 was definitely 24 unless they've changed it:LOL:

35 KW gives you about 15litres or nearly three gallons a minute ,hardly a big difference.

Some flats (where I live) have the plumbing unit cold water tank barely above the kitchen mixer tap and an awful lot of houses have tiny wee combination cylinders that can hardly fill a bath and yet the owner will say to that combis are p!sh on the hot water

:LOL:

Fourth floor flat I went to today had a combi fed from a roof tank via a shower pump!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back