Potterton Netaheat 16-22

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need help if there is a engineer in South Bucks area who would service my old Potterton Netaheat 16-22. It looks like thermostat or heat exchanger not working.

Sponsored Links
If its not working or not working properly then you need a repair.

What are the symptoms?

Be aware your boiler is old and is really better replaced for a modern efficient unit.

Tony

Servicing although probably well overdue and a good idea, is unlikely to solve your problem.
What are the symptoms?

My boiler is working, but it seems to go beyond the set temperature and then the pipes start banging and and water comes out of the overflow. zlata

Sponsored Links
That sounds like a failed boiler thermostat.

But that is NOT a DIY job on your boiler.

Tony

That sounds like a failed boiler thermostat.

But that is NOT a DIY job on your boiler.

Tony

Yes that is what I am guessing, that is why I am asking if there is an engineer who speicalizing in old boilers as I hope he might know to find the part and service and fit, I am not in possition to change the boiler at present moment.

Most of these have asbestos content, seals worn, positive fanned. Do yourself a favour and start saving for a new boiler. Def. DONT OPEN IT AND MAKE SURE THE ENGINEER TESTS IT BEFORE LEAVING. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back