Potterton 24 Combi Boliers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Its your favorite developer....

just a quick question, im looking to have installed Potterton 24 combi boilers, would you recommend these or is there a better make/model that i should go for?

Im unsure if you will need more information than this like the number of rads and W/c's etc, but again appreciate any advice. i mentioned these in my last post and it seemed not to go down well so thought id check.

Sponsored Links
The normal suggestion is that you should ask your CORGI registered installer.

However, I think that we got the idea that you were going to install these boilers yourself when its not in your own home where you live and it should be fitted by a CORGI.

Do it yourself gas work when you are not qualified can mean putting the lives of your purchasors or tenants at risk and its not surprising that you stired up oposition to what you are doing.

I hope its a Potterton HE ! They are average Italian made boilers.

Tony

No No No not at all i would never even contemplate installing any gas pipe let alone a boiler, im just doing the CH pipe work!

i am buying the boilers but thats it!

In that case I dont know, without reading up all your previous posts, why you seem to have upset some people.

So what does your CORGI installer have to say? Does he speak English?

Everyone has their own favourites, I would prefer Biasi and Heatline anoungst the even cheaper boilers and Vokera amongst those priced about the same as the Performa.

All the people who work for Potty are very enthusiastic about their companies products. Why thats the case when you think of the Potty Envoy or Puma or Suprima then I dont know why!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I Wondered why myself but if that’s what you thought then im sure others did too and can now see why im thinner than i was then!

My Plumber is English and speaks good potteries lingo (Im a Stokie)....

again these boilers are just what i have been recommended but as i dont really have much to go off, though it best to ask after all you would no more than me on this

If you had been recommended by someone who has installed say 6 upwards and found them reliable then look for his installer as the installation is the most important factor.

I would say they are generally about average for cheaper Italian boilers and thats about all I can say. Any non reliability is from the installation.

Tony

It would be a positive selling point to have a more respected make, eg vaillant, and , especially, more kW, say 28 - 32, for a better shower.

Milt1978 said:
im looking to have installed Potterton 24 combi boiler
Have a close look at the Baxi Duo-Tec 24, 28 or 33 with 2 years parts and labour. PTS are doing a magic deal!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back