Favourite cover versions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After the Kid Rock debate, thought I'd start a thread for cover versions that are appreciated ;) Me and some friends play together to try and reinvent dance and heavy rock into smooth acoustic rock. A couple of surprising successes were "Move b*tch" by Ludacris and "Get Low" by Lil Jon... performed solo as our singer refused the lyrics as being offensive to women. :eek: We also tried Jame's Brown's "I feel good" as a dirty old blues number just for the irony.

So, what are your favourite covers/reinventions? Some of my faves at the mo:

"I will survive" by Cake
"Joy" by Apollo 100
"My Lump" by Alanis Morissette (amazing video on youtube!!!)

Sponsored Links
A few of mine -

Whisky in the jar - Metallica

Live and let die- Foo fighters

First time ever I saw your face - Stereophonics

Helter Skelter - U2

Was dragged by wife to see Mamma Mia. Struggled to enjoy it but Meryl Streeps version of Winner Takes it All is just amazing. That is one talented woman.

Sponsored Links
rolf harris and his version of stairway to heaven!

good but this is better.....dont mind admitting this one gets a me a little teary

When you listen to Cash's last recordings, it's almost as if he knew his time was coming...

I don't wish to bum anyone out, but this video is of a performance 2 months after June Carter's death, and 2 months before Johnny's. A side of the his personality that I didn't know he'd ever shown in public. If you decide to watch it, bear this in mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ2IBYNmX6U&feature=related

First Time etc. - Johnny Cash

Radio Ga Ga - Paul Young

Somebody To Love - George Michael

Killing Me Softly - The Fugees

Unbrella by The Manic Street Preachers.

I hate the Manic Street Preachers - can't think of a single song by them that I like other than the above cover. Heard it on Radio 2 late one night and loved it.

I hate the Manic Street Preachers - can't think of a single song by them that I like other than the above cover. Heard it on Radio 2 late one night and loved it.

I on the other hand think they are a class act, been to see them a few times, great live rock band. They also do a good cover of Suicide is Painless, Theme from M*A*S*H

Robbie and Nicoles verion of Something Stupid was far superior than the original.:cool:

Sponsored Links
Back