FCU with Integral RCD

Yes, but it supplies the sockets in the server room and according to our IT manager must not be turned off under threat of death!
When he's had a few weeks experience, he'll find out what a UPS is, and what a Dedicated Supply is.

Sponsored Links
If you change the FCU for an RCD and put an IP44 switch feeding the Towel radiator that would be ok wouldn't it? However the RCD needs to be tested on a regular basis so the server room will need to be powered down monthly.

If you change the FCU for an RCD and put an IP44 switch feeding the Towel radiator that would be ok wouldn't it?
Apparently it is outside the wetroom so not necessary.

However the RCD needs to be tested on a regular basis so the server room will need to be powered down monthly.
No, it's only protecting the towel rail.

Sponsored Links
Quarterly still though?
There's no upstream RCD so pressing test won't trip out the server room, just the towel rad.

The Flex outlet plate could be replaced with something suitable with a switch in it? An IP66 switch seems a bit OTT but it would work

I did wonder about replacing the flex outlet with a combined switch and isolator, but it is a wet room and does get splashed a bit, even though it is more than 1.2m from the water outlet. Also, the idea of someone switching it on whilst wet from the shower, sort of goes against the grain a bit. But that is probably because I am old school, and my electrical qualifications are from the early 1980's. Things were different back then......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back