Switched RCD FCU

AOG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does such a thing exist ?
I have a dual fuel towel rail, soon to be in zone 2 due to installation of a shower cubicle next to it. The towel rail's presently on a switched fused spur but I understand it should be on an rcd if in zone 2. I can change the existing switched fcu for a rcd fcu but I can't find a switched one meaning towel rail being on permanently. Is the obvious alternative to have a separate switch ?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
the very fact that it's an RCD FCU means that it will have a test button and a reset button.. these are the on and off switches...same as on an RCD socket..

Yeah I'd seen that powerbreaker one on screwfix, seems a neat looking thing. Noticed some rcd sockets have a normal rocker switch in addition to a reset button, that prompted me to ask the question.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Sponsored Links
It was originally the immersion heater circuit. Thats now gone replaced by towel rad.

So you have a split load board? is there space on the RCD side, might be easier to move the circuit across?

So you have a split load board? is there space on the RCD side, might be easier to move the circuit across?

The immersion was fed by economy 7 side and normal side. The towel rad is using the non economy 7 circuit. There's no RCD side on this board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back