Feature wall problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My parents came to stay last week and very kindly offered to wallpaper our feature wall for us. However, they left us with a couple of problems.

1. There are now several streaks of dried wallpaper paste on the emulsioned walls that adjoin the feature wall. Are there any ways of removing these, or will I just have to paint over the affected areas?

2.When they trimmed the wallpaper at the top and bottom it is uneven in places. Can I neaten it up now that the paste has dried, or am I best leaving well alone?

Many thanks, jusgaz.

Sponsored Links
Try a damp cloth on the dried past. If this fails you will have to reprint the wall. If the wall was recently painted then you might be able to touch in. If not then you will have to paint the whole wall. Hopefully the damp cloth will work. This should of been wiped off when the papering was carried out.

You can trim the uneven bits of papper with a sharp knife when the paper is fully dry. Use one of them snap knifes where the blade can be snapped down to ensure it is sharp frequently when doing this. You can get these knifes from your local DIY stores. They are very cheap.

Good luck.

Many thanks RMS. I read yesterday that you should try and remove the paste with really hot water and a mild detergent. I'll give it a go. Unfortunately the paint is quite dark and the paste streaks stand out like a sore thumb. The walls are newly painted and I still have some paint left so I should be able to touch up if the paste doesn't come off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back