Fed up with Politicians in Britain?

Sponsored Links
Agreed with you 100% regarding "1642".

I'm not the type to get depression nor do I want pills but it's really getting to me now, so what can we do ? We just sit there and do nothing and that's because the British behaves that way, unlike the French for sticking together and make a point. Hardly anybody vote anymore and that's why the Government are getting away with it. Having said that, what party is worth voting for as they are a bad as each other ? This country is not Great Britian anymore, is now becoming the so called Euroland. Sadly I don't like this world we're living in and I want out.

Just lately, I haven't read newspaper or TV news and started to feel better.

I have recently been involved on another site where this kind of topic came up all the time and am sad to say that for everyperson that fills this way, ten did not.
The chances of any change are against.

I feel exactly the same way as masona, plus the depression, minus the pills(at the moment).
I've stopped reading the papers & watching the news also but that is the wrong thing to do, as it is still very much the case of what you don't know CAN still hurt you.

Fitter......that must off been the optimist party site! I have never seen so many glum faces walking about. Just look at the pubs at weekend everyone on drugs or legless trying to escape reality. I see now the lottery sales have gone up too,
everybody hoping and praying for a means of escape I reckon. The gov even grabs a load of that too! It's the young I feel sorry for what chance off they got with houses etc! Where's my coat I'm of to the pub!

Dave

Sponsored Links
We also got the highest stress level and I blamed the government. Have you noticed how rude and bad temper driver's on the road lately because I think it because it the way we feel.

Just has a Skip delivered and the lorry was blocking the road approx 2/3 mins and the women in the car kept blasting the horn.

Thanks very much FWL_Engineer, I was just getting used to being a switched off zombie, now you have made me think.....and my brain hurts.

Good god!!.... I'm a kitchen fitter, how did that happen?, that was never in my master plan for life and what happened to all the women I had plans for?

Yes, most of the people I associate with feel the same way.

Biggest gripes for me include:

Why does it take 3 weeks to get a doctors appointment?

Why have I got to be a private dental patient so my kids can have NHS?

Why does one solicitor cost more than another. Surely justice is justice?

Why does my local police station close at 20:00?

Why does MacDonalds have a security guard during the day?

I suppose it can be argued that we already have a mechanism for change, it's called democracy. Anyone can stand to be elected to parliament, the hard bit is getting people to vote for you. However, with an ever increasing proportion of the population failing to turn out to major elections, maybe it's time for a new player.

Unless you plan to overthrow the government and become a dictator, you would merely be replacing one political party with another, just the views are different. It would still need to be elected.

I think there should be an extra box on the ballet paper, like in Brewsters Millions. I wonder how many would vote for 'None of the above'?

I look forward to seeing how this thread pans out. Nice one!

Ig.

I'm going to stick my neck out and make a prediction that in the not to distant future an MP will say..... "With the enlargement of Europe our salary no longer reflects our responsibility" or words to that effect! would anyone disagree with me?

It's a shame this thread seems to have "died", maybe this is the wrong type of forum.

A couple of quotes, I've heard

The British do not complain very often but when they do, it's always about the wrong thing.

People get the government they deserve.

Prehaps someone much more clever than me can find a connection for these 2 quotes.

I wish people would become as passionate about politics and the state of the country as they do abaout football. If live in a small city, the local team were promoted this season to the next division, 50,000 people turn out to celebrate and watch the team meet the mayor.

Council tax goes through the roof, were ripped off on petrol and other taxes, the justice system is crazy, the government is a joke, but what to we do about? Sweet F.A.

Trouble is there are a lot of people in this country doing very nicely at the moment and they are not looking further than the end of their nose.

Why are they going to moan? they have never had it so good. Most people who do ordinary jobs, for mostly crap money do not seem to count
anymore.
You have a endless stream of people with worthless degrees but you can't get a plumber, the people of this country are living in cuckoo land.

I am so pi**ed of with this god forsaken country it defies words and at the age of 60 I do not want to feel like this.

Hi,

It is said that 'You get what you deserve'.

Take a good look around .... graffitti .... vandalism .... Car crime .... Cannot blame anyone but the people responsible for bringing children into this world then letting them down, badly.
Irresponsibility breeds irresponsibility.

The old barber put it very succinctly "The sh _ t is rising, lapping at the leafy suburbs, ready to engulf us all".

Be honest do we care more about dealing with the drug scene, provision of pensions, providing free further education ? OR, relieving the people of Iraq (or more probably protecting the oil source), enough to spend £billions ?
After all, it is our money, sorry, WAS ours. Charity starts at home !
We can just hope that our next government has a small majority, small enough to keep them from trying to make ludicrously costly 'step changes' which fail miserably.

P.

The problems you mention have always been here and always will be and like everything else will get worse.

There has always been a underclass, people with no skills and who bash out one child after another, who were happy to live on state handouts. In the last couple of decades their ranks have been swollen by people who did have skills and such but have lost jobs and with it self worth. These people see no point in working for minimium rate in mundane jobs, it's better to live off the state and do a bit of cash in hand, their kids see all this and grow up the same way.

Lots break out of the cycle but far more stay in and it's only going to get worse.

I work in engineering manufacturing (boy that's a dirty word these days), since 1979 I have been laid off 6 times, the first time was a shock but I got over it, each other time it became harder and harder but I always found work, many that I knew just gave up. I have 5 years left at work and I do not think I'll be in work for the whole time.

With personal borrowing in this country approaching £one trillion, the price of houses continually rocketing, interest rates going up, infrastructures that devour money at an incredible rate and deliver very little in return and everything else, it doesn't matter what party gets in we are heading for one almighty crash.

It's all to easy to blame this bunch of t***ers that are in power at the moment but they have just carried on the work started before them.

Retired from engineering after a fortunate 37 yrs of full employment ...... Not missing it at all !! Ok, miss the lads a bit.

Now getting full value from the house ... not just personal B & B .. but around it and garden all day, first time since a kid seeing the seasons come and go.

Watching in surprise, the 'Meter readers' who don't ring doorbell or knock just leave a card or sometimes not even that (and what is that about ?)Another subbed out rip off .... might as well out-source that to India too !! Where's old MeterMan perhaps he can answer that !!

Just been observing the laying of my new gas main, quite efficient actually .... apart from the ringing of mobile phones, more gassing on those than the main !! Loved the threading of the new plastic pipe inside the 'old' metal one ..... Not so keen on the fact that the computerised map of the under road main was a mile out ... and that main to house laid in a curve ! almost entwined with plastic water pipe !! neither with any covering be it shale or tile .... council planning is a total and utter pile of crap, just try proving your boundaries .... A nation graced by great engineers such as Brunel ..... all that head start frittered away, by the beaurocrates, seat polishers leading from the desk, I guess ... hey, and what of the tos-ers who laid it in the first place ? Just keep it straight and logical !!

P

Wouldn't it be nice if there were no political parties.

No one party critisising another for it's mistakes and claiming that their party would put everything right and please everyone (which is impossible of course!)

No writing party maifestos based on what was on the 10 o' clock news last night. Every action that the Government takes seems to be a knee jerk reaction to what's happening in the media!

Speaking for myself, I am not interested in politics because I do not understand much of it. And I'm sure I'm not alone!

Question time in the Houses Of Parliament is just a gladatorial arena for for all the parties to vocally assault each other. 'I refer to the right honourable gentleman who spoke before me and ask does this achieve anything?'

Let's face it, if somone from another party made an alternative suggestion to a problem, they wouldn't use it as they would lose face! Not that they would tho, cos they would save it for their side...

As far as I see it, if a collective government was working as a one, there would be no need to compete against each other!

I don't know how this could be achieved, but I resent the idea of having to choose one parties manifesto when I probably only like half of their vision. Why should I choose say between better health care or education? But of course, political parties never tell you the flip side of their manifesto do they!

Of course politicians have to make difficult and sometimes unpopular decisions which have to be made on behalf of the populus, but if they were straight with us I think that would be a good start.

Finally, I don't understand the logic of MP's being made 'Minister for transport' or 'agriculture' when they do not have any knowledge in this area??? Yes sure a manager of a shoe shop could probably manage a newsagent, but is this the logic being used???

VOTE - NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!

Sponsored Links
Back