Federal Electrical STABLOK Miniature Circuit Breaker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A miniature circuit breaker has failed in my home consumer unit.

I know that the breaker is at fault because whichever circuit my electrician wires to it frequently trips out.

The board is Federal Electric and the Breaker is marked STABLOK Type CNA M5, also Type 3. It is black with an orange paddle switch. Must be about 20 years old, and the electrician tells me it is obsolete and difficult to find. It is 6amp, the electrician suggests replacing with a 10amp.

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement?

Sponsored Links
Is he suggesting replacing with a 10A because he happens to have one (ie that he has ripped out of another job)

if so then provided the cuircuit is suitablly speced for a 10A breaker then this is probablly the easiest way to go.

This is a lighting circuit (upstairs lights). The existing, failed breaker is 6 amp. The maximum load with all lights on is about 3 amps. My electrician cannot get hold of one of these breakers, either 6 amp or 10 amp, and he believes they are obsolete. He believes either would do. I am looking (more in hope than expectation) for a supplier who might have one or two left over in stock

MCBseeker said:
This is a lighting circuit (upstairs lights). The existing, failed breaker is 6 amp. The maximum load with all lights on is about 3 amps. My electrician cannot get hold of one of these breakers, either 6 amp or 10 amp, and he believes they are obsolete. He believes either would do. I am looking (more in hope than expectation) for a supplier who might have one or two left over in stock

try a local electrical wholesaler. they might be able to help

Sponsored Links
one possibility if you can't get a breaker would be to take a third cable out of one of the ring breakers and into a FCU

use 2.5mm for the run to the FCU if you do that though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back