Feed for a Single Oven under worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Question: Can I take a feed ( 2.5mm2 ) for a 20A fused DP switch from the ring main to feed a 16A load Bosch Cooker ! , there will be a lot of work to run a dedicated feed back to the meter .

PS: The feed for the old cooker is from a single 13A socket on the ring !
cheers

spike

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Bosch say's requires a 16A Mains connection lead HO5 W-F or higher then An all pole isolating switch with a contact gap measuring at least 3mm must be available during installation". I worked it out at 10.8A max ! .

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Manufacturers instructions are frequently wrong. They are for guidance only, you don't have to follow them, especially if they are wrong.

In mitigation it is a German product and in Germany the standard socket outlet is rated at 16 amps and protected by a 16 amp MCB.

Manufacturers instructions are frequently wrong. They are for guidance only, you don't have to follow them, especially if they are wrong.

In mitigation it is a German product and in Germany the standard socket outlet is rated at 16 amps and protected by a 16 amp MCB.

Thanks for feedback , I always thought if you did not install as per manufactures intructions the warranty could be at risk ! .
ps: they must have thick flexi cables then for there appliences to take 16A , take it they do not fuse the plugs there ! , I know they used to use them male round plugs that went into a female round socket in the wall not large enough to get a fuse in !

So, you can do as you wish.

Take a spur from the socket in 2.5mm² (or 1.5mm²) and for the oven fit -

a Fused Connection Unit with 13A fuse (it will be DP) or

a socket and plug with a 13A fuse (this will be Triple Pole and more than 3mm separation :)).

There are no 20A fused switches.

So, you can do as you wish.

Take a spur from the socket in 2.5mm² (or 1.5mm²) and for the oven fit -

a Fused Connection Unit with 13A fuse (it will be DP) or

a socket and plug with a 13A fuse (this will be Triple Pole and more than 3mm separation :)).

There are no 20A fused switches.

Thanks for your reply , yes they are 13A should of known that .

This is what I meant :MK Logic a range of 13A fused connection units and 20A DP Switches .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back