feed for shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
airing cupboard.jpg
airing cupboard.jpg Hopefully may have some opininions that will assist me.
Am currently installing a shower for a freind, its in a housing association premises.

I am installing an electric shower, I need a cold supply!, convienietly the bathroom wall that i am fitting shower to backs onto the airing cupboard...this is were i ask opinion!!
the house as recently had modification to the heating system, a combi boiler as been installed and the hot water cylinder removed. Please see the picture the configuration in the airing cupboard is that a radiator as been installed and the pipework cobbled onto what existed , there is in the cupboard a 22mm and a 15mm capped of and coming up through the floor (see picture) any one have ideas as to wether one of these will be a supply that i can use for the shower, i first thought it would be the 15mm, but then have this idea it may be the 22mm,
any help is greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Another bodge job by so called plumbers/heating engineers.
The 15mm is probably the cold mains but who knows ?

Oh dear, a rad in the airing cupboard piped into what was probably the hot water circuit. Why a rad in the airing cupboard in the 1st place? Well at least they clipped the pipe :p

Anyways, you would need to trace the cold pipework to establish which one it would be.

If it's a housing association, they normally be using their own plumbers/sparks?

Do know if you fit a shower, especially an electric one (with the associated new circuit, cabling and CU alterations) and there's any issues, the HA will come after whoever is responsible!!

Sponsored Links
And fitting anything electrical in a bathroom usually requires notification to the local authority BEFORE work begins, complying to BS7671, and in this case I would imagine getting the permission of the HA.

You are walking on thin ice if you take this job on without all the relevant issues being addressed first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back