Feel for this guy.

How much nicer it would be if we knew what he was called for and what the final outcome solution was.

Sponsored Links
Yes, the balcony shots make it look like 5 or more floors up.

Possibly reinforced concrete with little water flow through it.

If it is his fault and legally to blame could tesult in a considerable claim.

But it is so easy to happen.

Agree. Hoping he has good insurance. May be a while to get the water off, as it looks like it happened late or at night. Won't be popular if unable to isolate water to just that flat.

Sponsored Links
Agree. Hoping he has good insurance. May be a while to get the water off, as it looks like it happened late or at night. Won't be popular if unable to isolate water to just that flat.

When he got the other guy to take over with the bypass to the toilet and walked out the flat (presumably to get something from the van)...
I'd have been tempted to get in the van and the F€Ck out of Dodge! :eek::ROFLMAO::LOL::sneaky::whistle:

The question is, did he get there and the pipe was already burst or did he cause it?

Either way the first question should have been, where's your stopcock?

At which the house holder reply is, I don't know, do you know where it is?

Andy

Something I would not wish to happen to anyone,I do hope he got it sorted,but don't you all think this is just typical of how things are with dogey plumbing being done with no stop cocks and massive pressures the fault lies with the installation jockeys who put the stuff in.Bob

Had a plumber do something similar, said its only a drip and it will stop in a day or two and just to paint over the plaster board stain. :D

I went to a guy in similar position. He had tried to change rad valve but it leaked. Nowhere to turn off.

He called Council and they sent their plumber but he said he could not do anything as he had bought the flat.

Leaking into flat below so called fire brigade. They crushed the pipe.

Then he called me. I managed to turn off system isolation valves and the idiot tried to get me to reduce my quoted charge
He eventually paid me but I never went back there again. He was an Indian. Bought Council flat in charging zone and now worth nearly one million.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very surprised the Council plumber, probably a contractor, did not want to do him a favour and sort it out.

But perhaps he was better than I was at judging his attitude towards paying?

Think he got it sorted in the end. Seemingly there was a $150 dollar charge to turn water off to the complex and he didn't want to pay it so tried it live!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back