Feelgood story

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With so much carp around these days it's nice to hear about someone having a bit of good fortune.
The wife works in a call centre for one of the high street banks. Tonight she recieved a call from a 79 year old women who was in "collections" or debt. She'd won 25K on the bingo and was settling up her account. Considering how the banks treat people on low incomes and contribute to their indebtness I feel personally chuffed for this old lady.
Contrast this with the "Prestige" (moneybags) customer who rang up asking to be put through to the AA cos they were snowed in, in their cul-de-sac and wanted someone to come and clear the snow so they could go shopping. How the other half lives.

Sponsored Links
Nice first half, what happened to the idiot though, I take it their request was refused?

cos they were snowed in, in their cul-de-sac and wanted someone to come and clear the snow so they could go shopping. How the other half lives.

Not the least bit surprising.
Its a wonder they didn't want someone to do the shopping for them!

Sponsored Links
With so much carp around these days it's nice to hear about someone having a bit of good fortune.
The wife works in a call centre for one of the high street banks. Tonight she recieved a call from a 79 year old women who was in "collections" or debt. She'd won 25K on the bingo and was settling up her account. .
She probably ran up the debt on Bingo in the first place :rolleyes:

i was thinking that myself..
she'd in debt but still manages to find money for bingo?

cos they were snowed in, in their cul-de-sac and wanted someone to come and clear the snow so they could go shopping. How the other half lives.
Not the least bit surprising.
Its a wonder they didn't want someone to do the shopping for them!
I'd have laughed myself senseless at them and hung up. Poncy gits.

Back