feeling damp..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i got a problem...

have just moved into my first house, and weve got a damp problem. we had a damp survey done, but im not entirely pusuaded by what it says.

first problem.

we have a damp problem on the bey window. so ive stripped it back to the brick work ready for the damp company to come and inject it. however i noticed it has been previosly been done. when stripping the plaster i uncovered 3 holes at ground level which go under the bay wall to outside. should these be filled in or left. as the floors are concrete and not wood.

second problem.

at the rear of the property there is a 40 year old extension, which has damp on one wall. i stripped the plaster to reveal some VERY wet insulation with plastic sheeting behind. the wall behind this sheeting is soaking. ive inspected the gutter, as the damp seems very high to be rising (about head hight). some of the water of the roof isnt making it to the gutter, but falling between the gutter and the wall. there is a felt lining which goes under the tiles and runs into the gutter, this has holes in it. am i correct in thinkung this lining goes all the way up the roof. would i be advised to replace it all. for a temp measure ive stuck some self adhesive flashing from the first visible batton into the gutter...

any info would be greatly apreciated. (currently waiting to be hooked back on the net so i may take a while to respond to your answers)

jay

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back