feeling draft,condensation..upvc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im getting a very fine/light draft through 4 0f my 9 windows,its not much,even when its very very windy i dont get any window blinds/curtain movement.
Is this normal from upvc windows-to put my hand about 2inches away from the glass to feel a draft? or should i get no draft /cold air at all?

Also the bedroom ones get moisture every morning,i have the heating on from 4pm to 10pm then 5am to 10am everyday....3 people sleep in the room that gets a lot of moisture and 1 person in one room that gets a little moisture,,,,,,,is this normal?

windows/doors fitted 4 years prior to me moving in.......i think could be around 10+ years old.........then i could be wrong !

Sponsored Links
probably heat convection
where the cold air in the window area cools the hot air causing the air to circulate causing a draught
where is the radiator in relation to the window and how thick and how well closed are the curtains over the window ??

curtains well closed and i have vertical blinds,usually use just the blinds but as its been a cold one,been using curtains aswel,blinds were installed 2 months ago,problem was from before.....all my radiators are just under my window sills....all double rads about 3.5 feet wide and 2.5 feet tall (approx)

Sponsored Links
3 people sleep in the room that gets a lot of moisture and 1 person in one room that gets a little moisture,,,,,,,is this normal?
If you have 3 people sleeping in a room with the curtains drawn and no ventilation, even double glazing won't stop condensation.

Suggest leaving bedroom door open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back