Feet assembly on Wickes cabinets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got the Orlando Grey kitchen from Wickes and had a question relating to the feet.
The feet have screw holes but there are no screws in the pack and no mention in the instructions. I did hammer the lug home before screwing in the feet. Feels sturdy.

Curiously, the Wickes online video does show someone screwing in the feet.

Can I have your advice please.

Sponsored Links
the feet are meant to be fitted the right way around so they dont interfere with the plinth sitting against the foot.
and if theyre fitted correctly a section of the upper part will support the side timber of the unit.

Sponsored Links
the feet are meant to be fitted the right way around so they dont interfere with the plinth sitting against the foot.
and if theyre fitted correctly a section of the upper part will support the side timber of the unit.
How do you get feet wrong way round? They are round .

How do you get feet wrong way round? They are round .
no theyre not. the FEET/LEGS are meant to be fitted to the UNIT the right way round. There’s usually a tab at the top of the leg that supports the side of the unit.
if its fitted incorrectly it holds the plinth down a few mm from the cabinet.

no theyre not. the FEET/LEGS are meant to be fitted to the UNIT the right way round. There’s usually a tab at the top of the leg that supports the side of the unit.
if its fitted incorrectly it holds the plinth down a few mm from the cabinet.
Clearer now you use the correct terminology.
So the feet are round ?

Clearer now you use the correct terminology.
So the feet are round ?
yes sir. rather pedantic though i think. you I mean , not the feet .
particularly as you failed to correct the op who uses the term ‘feet’ and implies they are screwed to the unit, which you went along with .

yes sir. rather pedantic though i think. you I mean , not the feet .
particularly as you failed to correct the op who uses the term ‘feet’ and implies they are screwed to the unit, which you went along with .
The Op clearly didn’t know, while I thought that wouldn’t apply to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back