Feider Petrol Lawn Mower Timing

I do sympathise with you here!
Usually flywheel keys shear when the machine has clipped concrete or whatever but of course we don’t know if the flywheel nut was actually tight or not from new.
Either way, a horticultural shop would be able to diagnose this in half an hour, so there’s another route to consider.
John

Sponsored Links
I do sympathise with you here!
Usually flywheel keys shear when the machine has clipped concrete or whatever but of course we don’t know if the flywheel nut was actually tight or not from new.
Either way, a horticultural shop would be able to diagnose this in half an hour, so there’s another route to consider.
John
The problem is Warranty, If a third Party took the machine to appart, The Warranty would be invalidated and I still have over 2 years for that to run.
I am between a rock and a Hard place.
The machine certainly has not come in contact with a rock, may be a 6mm Twig but no more.
Thanks for you Sympathy though.

What about supermarkets, weve bought from Sainsburys and Morrisons in the last few months and Tesco Express
I regularly use all of those supermarkets, but to be honest I have never looked specifically for E5 or E10, just jumped in and bought unleaded without a second thought.
Now you have said that , I will specifically take note of what I am buying.
Thanks for the reply.

Sponsored Links
Personally I find E10 just fine with four stroke machines - although long term storage will be an issue. I’m currently using around 5 gallons per week.
It’s a different scenario with two strokes though - the carburettors don’t like it particularly, maybe this is due to diaphragm distortion.
I’ve had a few machines lately to look at.....they would start fine but struggle to rev up and often stall.
All I’ve done is to replace the fuel with pre mixed Aspen and they have been transformed - no further work necessary!
I’ve no idea why!
John

Personally I find E10 just fine with four stroke machines - although long term storage will be an issue. I’m currently using around 5 gallons per week.
It’s a different scenario with two strokes though - the carburettors don’t like it particularly, maybe this is due to diaphragm distortion.
I’ve had a few machines lately to look at.....they would start fine but struggle to rev up and often stall.
All I’ve done is to replace the fuel with pre mixed Aspen and they have been transformed - no further work necessary!
I’ve no idea why!
John
Fortunately my Lawn Mower is a Four stroke engine. The only two stroke engine I have now is a Strimmer and E10-40:1 Oil mix and its fine .
I take note though, I usually keep a quantity of 2 stroke E10 40:1 premixed, which I will now stop doing, but so far the strimmer has been fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back